Today I'm missing home …


As I looked out the dinning room window today the Fig tree was a harsh reminder that the grey has set in for the day. The branches look bleak with no leaves and look crisp and brittle in the cooler air, just like other branches that look like they are about to snap in the wind. The trees simply look like they are holding their breath for summer, they are hibernate through the harsh season - which today is what I am going to do….  
I escaped this morning into the wondrous world of Yemen as I read a book laying on the sofa with the comfort of knowing sisters were just behind me. As I finish my book my thoughts turn to home.
At the end of the classic movie the “Wizard of Oz,” Dorothy uttered those now famous words, “There is no place like home, there is no place like home.” How right she was. Where we live serves as the basic foundation for our daily life. Home is where our day usually begins and ends. It is the place we can go to escape from the world and find peace and rest and be filled again by love. The incredible importance of where a person calls home is the same all around the world … as a close friend taught me a few years ago, the most important home is within! 
Today the thought of having a cuppa with a loved one brings a heavenly feeling of delight; as I recall all those cuppas and moments of shared love between others and myself the memories and spirit fills me with love like I am actually there. Bless you and thank you all. 
On Saturday mornings I tended to go horse riding, rising before sun break to make sure Im on 'black knights' back trotting over the valleys to the changing sky, as the sun rises as too my spirit on a Saturday morning. So breath taking and renewing of the soul in that effortless way the Lord works his wonder, lately I have missed those escapes with black knight!
Today also I miss that unique perfume smell that filled the house when you walked in the door, I wish I could have bottled it. It has a amazing way of bring a deep settlement of reassurance and gentleness like the Lord has picked me up in his hand and I rest, letting the mind stop, heart open to feel just love and breath!! Today, I long for that …  
Then I realize that all these things I have here! I do not need to be anywhere else - maybe the perfume smell of loved ones home - yet I do have home here with new smells that have memories attached to them, new sounds, familiar and comforting. I have family that are going to come together in a few hours to celebrate with the greatest prayer and celebration that we are given - mass - followed by doing what Jesus so often did and taught, share in a meal with loved ones. 
My memories fill me with great sense of joy, gratitude, honor to having those experiences, always bring a smile to me. Today it brings a gentle yet much needed reminder that home is where the spirit of God resides. It is a place where the truth of the bible is honored and Jesus is loved, talked to often and welcomed with embracing hearts - this is what makes it home. 
       
(Home - Palmerston North River - N Black Knight) 


Comments

Popular Posts