The winter blindness is upon me...

Today its winter!

There are grey clouds covering the sky, only letting a few rays of feeble sun slip past the barrier. The sound outside my window of raindrops falling onto the dry land with a light occasional whoosh of the breeze pasting through the treetops just confirms that its winter!

I recall a lady at church saying to me in response to finding out Im going to be living with Irish Sisters, that the Irish call a rainy day as being a 'soft day'. Im yet to run this past them! Yet this description brings a little bit of light into the winter mood that is so present, as a rainy day is the change that is required in all things in the universe - if looking at things in broad terms. 

On top of the winter cloud that is present I also sense a bit of darkness and limitation as I give my eyes a break from my contact lenses resulting in a little lost of vision!

Often the words sight, blind, vision are used to describe so many things. From business plans, lack faith, darkness, no direction and mission statement. I am always thankful that I am not living in Jesus era, as I actually think I possibly would be cast out and neglected by society due to physical impairment, that I so often hear about in scripture.  Then again I hope that if it was the case, I would embrace the 'impairment' and use the insight to grow new fruit which could only but restore sight, just not in the way it once was. 

I guess it is a little frightening to think how reality can be so out of focus yet so normal for me all at the same time. I am sure this can be the way spiritually too, Not just for me yet for many in todays world where Christians can so easy have blurred vision. There are so many parallels between eyes and spirituality I can understand why the blind have a strong message in the gospels. There is so many different messages to be taken from the likes of Blind Bartimaeus (Mark 10:46-52)

Over the past few days I have been thinking of remedies to restore my vision back to what I know. I have lost a little bit of my inner positive beam that normally carries me through … yet as I look now on this winter day the remedies for the physical might not be what I needed to discover…. 

Eye Remedies - 
Spiritual Blindness - People who have never accepted Christ into their hearts are blind, so blind they can not see anything from God. I want to shout in encouragement to 'open your eyes' a whole new world is awaiting for you and all you have to do is open your eyes. 

Dry eyes - When looking at things with no feeling or no self then a shift needs to be changed to look through the eyes of Christ, with his compassion, love and you can not but see people in a new light. 

Watery Eyes - I sometimes am challenged by people who are constantly down, see negativity rather than any positive depressed and in tears, as there is so much to be learnt in been content. The outlook on life becomes amazing and flourish before you. How God created us in unconditional love opens the door to so much our eyes and heart can see. John 10:10 jumps to mind here!

Objects in your eye - of course the popular scripture plays full imagery here, A large lesson to be learnt in if finding it easy to judge and criticize others work needs to be done on self, own life first. 

The play on words is enlightening at times, yet overall awareness of spiritual sight is just as important as physical sight. To have sight is so important, life passes so quickly and to not be able to fully see on all levels is a darkness I do not wish upon anyone!
Yet I know the secret to sight that is no secret for me to keep, only but help tell all I meet and can be summed up on one word - Christ -

As I leave to go embrace the afternoon, the sunshine has made its way through the clouds; it's rays of love that gives life to all of Our Creators creation including you and me! 




Comments

Popular Posts