Oh society where are you going??

If you asked me a year ago what my image of society was, my response could have been that society is a place people come together, to share in communion …. I am not too certain, I know for a fact it would had been an idealistic image that is certain; one containing no negative aspects of human actions. 

I am so often taken back when people blame God for wrong doing. I feel like yelling at them two words - "FREE WILL" There is so much 'man-made' disasters within society that God has nothing to do with its creating. I look at these 'disasters' and see that from the mess that man has created God is always there in the clean up and sometimes in the moment too. Often in the form of love mostly, how people come together in times of need, sadness, sorrow, creating peace, happiness, love. OH how he creates beauty out of pure mess … how can people not see this!!

My image of society is changing, I find myself questioning if society is showing signs of decadent. Its like there is a frenetic devotion to pleasure and division; a searching that is present yet misunderstood with different forms of amusement, entrainment created; even to the point of a fanatical devotion to games and sport. Hearing the news sometimes I think there is a reluctance to treat matters seriously, even with the limited information provided or more importantly the words not said; it feels like a scornful derisory attitude towards virtue and solid values, individuals worth!

I personally hold hope in the fact that superficiality eventually leads to boredom, emptiness; whereas true happiness and joy are parts of a balanced life, that includes compassion, humble servitude to God; all combine together to bring enrich life adding to its radiance…. 

Yet I often question how the chaos and confusions that are increasing in the world are approached. I can only pray that when people realize the places they seek for happiness leads to an awareness of God, Spirit - religion. They become aware of the stronghold that brings light to the world and I would go as far to say that the teachings are a source of life on earth. 

God created man to love each other, after all that is the commandant in the Testament. But instead, man kills each other with cruelty and bloodshed, this is present throughout history and no new discovery! Today society even though we don't behead others, we punish through words, especially today - words can kill!!!
God created man to cooperate and mingle together, but instead, man disconnects, divisions are created and value of life is weigh on the cost in monetary value or time measurement. 

I am starting to see a tremendous darkness in society, in todays world, the darkness caused by mankind!! It goes against the teachings of God, against what Jesus stands for, is about, and in a way makes me wonder if it leans more towards the animal side of human nature!!

What happened… where is society going …. when a 'crisis' comes to light within the world no person should hope to remain intact. We belong to an organic unit, as science teaches me when one part of the organism suffers all the rest of the body will feel its consequence. 
We are a society - brothers and sisters, neighbors, human beings whatever label you wish to attach - we should come together not let the destructive forces that are so present in deranging the political, economic, religious, scientific, literary and moral equilibrium of the world and are destroying the fairest fruits of the present society!!

My opinion holds that difficult challenges are faced, 
resulting from man-made or natural disasters. 
Regardless of the cause, 
they hold great potential to bring about a transformation 
of the individual and also the collective life of humanity



Comments

Popular Posts