Stop trusting the Blessings and trust the Blesser!

For the past few weeks I have been going to the forest in hope of finding a lake that is there. Its on all the maps, people have told me it is there however I spent hours running about unable to see it. Last Saturday I ran for three hours in hope to find this invisible lake, so yesterday I was on a mission…

Aim…. to find the lake…. and what a find!

After awhile I started to saunter through the natural avenue of trees, with its shady, dark and cool almost cold without the sun rays breaking through, starting to wonder if I will ever achieve my aim. As I came to the end of the trees it opened up onto a lake. The inner excitement rose with joy overflowing with a skip in my step and smile as the air is warmer, the sounds of insects, frogs is almost too loud. The lake seems like a black void, the sun bouncing off its surface. 
The trees cast their reflections on the water surface casting dark silhouette against the different hues of blue. When the wind blows the suns reflection makes the ripples glimmer. 
The dragonflies caught my attention, landing on a small puddle next to the lake edge, lifting my gaze for a moment to see its metallic tone finery wings. From the corner of my eye I can see the shape move in the water, the small frog, the sound with an echo off the trees, bouncing all around me. While standing still breathing in every piece of beauty that renews my soul. The 'pop' sound of a branch broke my attention with a kangaroo pouncing behind me and birds flying above sounding like an orchestra… what a feeling of peace, a gentle reminder that the Lord still has me wrapped up in his loving wonder. 



I continued to walk around the lake for awhile until I knew the journey home must be embarked upon. I decided to take another track home, after all life is a wonderful adventure. I head up a hill walking about ten minutes and came to familiar surrounds of where I had departed from under two hours ago.  Looking up at the sky laughing with the vision of the Lord laughing with me, realizing the lake was only ten minutes away this whole time…. what a lesson learnt!!

It made me realize that as humans we are hardwired to want to go from A to B the shortest way possible, but sometimes that isn't the best route to go. We need detours or go the scenic routes as it is better for our character, strength and our relationship with the Lord. 

Taking the longer route often provides time to get to know God, in order to know God we have to trust God. In order to learn how to trust means being put in situations that cause us to depend on him - after all God wants to show us His power. 

While walking home all I could do was say thanks to the Lord, thanks for letting me discover the lake when I was ready to see it and to feel, see all the other wonders  along the way.  Every time I go to the forest I have a deep sense that I am wrapped in the Lords hands, he holds me close to his heart to let me breath for a moment; especially when at times everything seems too 'new' or too rich to obsorb. The english language lacks the words to describe the pure beauty within the forest, the trees, animals, sounds, smells and the way it gives me that deep renewal of my soul, of my Christ walking beside me hand in hand. 

Not just the physical beauty of the lake shined on me yesterday… Oh how God takes us around or makes us wait because He can see the dangers we may face… although we cannot see them. Often we are not ready for what is facing us on the short route. Unexpected occurrences can cause us to turn towards something we know is not good for us. 

This can be seen in the Israelites complaining at the first obstacle they came to after being delivered. Even after crying out and finally receiving what they longed for, they complained. The lesson for us all to learn is that sometimes God can come into our situations and cause it to go from bitter to sweet. You don't always have to move, change, take a different route.. we just need to stop trusting the blessings and trust the blesser!! 

Today I send wishes to you all that you have a lake near you, you take the long routine and see the beauty in that, experience the pure joy and share that loving gratitude to those around you when you get to the lake. Embrace the journey, embrace the blessers power with all your trust, all your heart n mind!

Love to you all






Comments

Popular Posts