To the Beach…


Sunshine raining down like a summer day with that hint of summer festive season in the air, that you can only but smile and let your heart be full of joy and gratitude that your here in this moment to experience the day.  This was my thought this morning when I was awake drinking a cuppa tea dreaming while looking at the 'garden' eating my morning banana. 

When sister came in to ask me if I was going for a walk - I have been going for a few lately - I said that I would like to go somewhere today. She randomly mentioned that in Frankton there is a beach, so the seed was planted and an hour later I was out the door on my adventure. 

Taking the bus has become second nature to me now, it is always entertaining, with continuous flow of people on and off the bus, a smile to acknowledged those who looked my direction as our paths only crossed for a moment before they departed to go about their daily missions. I sometimes wonder if we look like little ants from above, as a few come together then race away in opposite directions...

As the bus turned and weaved through the streets, there was music playing which I became aware of. Not hearing main stream music for so long, the lyrics reminded me why! yet the beats and cords spoke as they always do in pure harmony. It just reconfirmed my excitement about getting my guitar next week to let my fingers start to express a little of my inner through music language. 

When I arrived in Frankston seeing the sign above 'To the Beach' I knew I was in the right place and eager to find the coast line. After a little detour walk I found the ocean, it was more than I was expecting!



The exquisite blue sea tries to inch its way further and further with the tide coming in. The waves fill the air with sounds against the glistering sand that sparkles with the shells that are lined like the milky way on the golden sand. In the distance there were fish jumping out of the ocean with birds so earnest to catch their prey diving for them. There were a few children walking along collecting treasures they discovered, writing in the sand, pulling a stick behind them, all bring back childhood memories of doing the same. There was a beautiful elderly couple walking their dog; a picture of love, walking hand in hand laughing and talking while their dog ran free jumping in and out of the water chasing the birds. 




Walking along the beach I stopped and sat looking at the ocean dancing before me, picking up hand fulls of sand letting it fall between my fingers. The sand was a little like sugar in texture, the upper level sand was like dry ingredients sieve, soft, light and fluffy to walk upon. 
I recalled last night watching a documentary about energy and what makes things live. It was explaining that each single grain of sand holds energy given directly from the sun, then in the evening the sand sends that energy back up into the atmosphere. (more amazing things from science!) 
To think that every tiny little grain of sand that makes up the entire beach all have a purpose, have an important role; each and every single grain!!! WOW just goes to show that there is strength in numbers; the numbers are given strength!!

As I reluctantly rised to walk back towards home, all I could do was give thanks. Thanks for been a tiny speck that is created in such a large expanse that has an important role. Doesn't matter how the wind blows, what is above, beside, or even when packed into a certain frame, still is that important grain of sand that holds so much energy awaiting to give it back out into the atmosphere. 

What a delightful way to feed my soul! Thank you Lord once again when my eyes open to your beauty it goes beyond my human comprehension, yet my soul dances in joy and gratitude. 


Comments

Popular Posts