Two Part day - Invitation to join our Novena








Today has been one of those days you just want to grip with too hands and cherish just that little bit longer.
I woke to the wind blowing outside like a wild storm raging in the air hitting against the bricks, pavement and anything else that gets into its path. Result in a flash of hesitation, if I should go for a run or not, yet before my head had time to talk to my feet in running shoes and out into the wind. It was pleasantly not that bad, sounded worst that actually was!! I have to admit, letting you in on a small secret, the other evening I was gifted a pair of wireless headphones which have become my new source of letting the music spill into my soul out of the beat into the pounding on the pavement.

My day is yet to be finished in a strange round about way... its a two part day I feel, with completion to be on Saturday. I was around at a friends watching a movie, yet only got half way through as had the youth music group to attend. Oh its a youth mass this Sunday, my little musicians are getting rather good - I know I'm bias. I feel like they are blossoming and starting to encourage each other a little more, which is so amazing to witness.
Side tracked… so movie will finish on Saturday - I did however get to curl up on chair in front of the fire. Talk about making one self at home! It brought comfort on this wet cold dark day that is for certain.


Tonight we started a Novena for Our Lady of Hope. So I thought I would let you all join in with us. It has a introduction part that I will put below then blog another one for day one ;o) 

Mother of Sure Hope,
in all our moments of
doubt and trial gain for us
the grace ever
to serve your Son as you did,
with deep faith,
calm courage, and with
a heart untroubled
by distrust in him or in
his everlasting love.
Amen




Devotion to Mary under the title Our Lady of Hope has been part of the Passionist heritage from its beginnings. It originated with St Paul of the Cross who had great devotion to Mary. The picture shown here is to be found in many Passionist houses. A copy of this picture, originally the possession of the Jesuits was given to Blessed John Henry Newman by the Passionists in Rome as a gift to take to England for Blessed Dominic Barberi. 
Given the current state of our world with its conflicts, threats in so many areas and the climate justice issues that challenge us to a new way of living we need to be reminded that there is hope and that deep down we know where we find hope. Mary gives us an example of how to keep our hope alive in face of suffering.
At the foot of the cross Mary acquired a spirit of compassion generating within her a sensitivity, not only to the sufferings of her Son, but also to the problems of us all along life’s pathways. This compassion endows her with a special kind of knowledge enabling her to see and appreciate what we are experiencing, and this in turn gives us hope that she will be of help to us on our journey. 
The Second Vatican Council at the end of the Dogmatic Constitution on the Church, Lumen Gentium says of the Mary that she “shines upon our world, until the day of the Lord shall come as a sign of sure hope and comfort for your people on their pilgrim way”. (No 68)
Let us then join with all those who are waiting in hope and enter into a prayer of hope as we prepare for the Feast of our Lady on Hope on July 9th . Each day we are invited to be mindful of a different area of the congregation as we hope and pray for:

Peace with Justice,
Food Security and Clean Water for all
Shelter for the Asylum Seekers and Refugees
Care for our Common Home



Comments

Popular Posts