What is your song?


My adventures today lead me to a place that I have been longing to enjoy for a while - the library  - Its a gateway to knowledge, wardrobes of literature that no possession can surpass or even equal a good library to a lover of books. 
I have to admit yesterday after I got my lens on the way home we made a stop to the bookstore, it was a moment of shear delight to see words forming around me, feeding a hunger that I have long to fill with books on theology, philosophy, spirituality and so many more - books are full of riches that one can not help but consume and take great pleasure from. 

After my library trip I was hoping to get to the lake too however it was just too ambitious for my first days outing. 

While I was on my journey enjoying the rays of sunshine that were out for a short snap and deeply enjoying the ability to see every small detail around me, trying to absorb it all in one go; I had the sense that life is beautiful, its easy to forget this at times; love is beautiful, nature and music are beautiful, people are beautiful. Everything we experience is a gift, a present we should cherish and pass onto those we love yet above this thanks should be given!

I recall when younger my father would take me on business day trips; we would travel New Zealand getting to see much of the landscape both on the main road and the hidden back country. These trips I recall with a fond memory of listening to classical music for hours on end while looking out the window into the landscape, been completely lost in my own world of thought, wondering who could create so much beauty and if I am seeing only a small tiny piece of this creation then what is beyond this winsomeness magnificence elegance. Not many words were exchanged between my father and I yet a bond was made through music. My father took me to many concerts to see orchestras playing, jazz bands, mostly classical music which spoke deeply to us both. He came to some of my performances so naturally when I think of classical music I think of my father and the great gift he gave me to learn and love the language of music. 

Recalling this memory I find myself asking the question of what music do I move to? What song do I sing, or hear played? And I ask myself if its time to let my fingers dance over the piano keys once again!

Sometimes its easier to look at others and their song! Like Jesus oh how he sang a song and what a song he sang. Sometimes when he cured the blind or sick he sang so softly and gently, a song full of tender love. Then telling one of his many stories he sang an evocative melody, the kind that once heard is never forgotten. I guess its like a melody that you hum throughout the day even without been consciously aware your doing it. Above this though when Jesus defended the rights of his people his voice grew powerful, strong, bellowed out until finally, from the cross, he sang so strong and passionately that his voice filled the whole universe. 

Mother Mary Joseph sang a song among other saints that was one with exquisite beauty. At times others sang same or similar song yet it was sang badly indeed. For the song was so beautiful that there was power in possessing it, and the people used the power of the song to dance to a different beat. Despite this, the song still continues, as its always greater than the singers, its beauty can never be destroyed. 


Our songs never stop, they follow into the hearts of others, leaving an air of truth that you begin singing with others. We can all sing, have voices that when sang the best we can, all people who hear them will think in their time, that was the most beautiful song they have ever heard. After all we are a singing people because we are the children of a singing God. If he appointed song for us to release our hearts delight in him, is this not because he also knows the joy of releasing his own hearts delight in himself in song?


Hopefully this has worked, this is a piano piece I played, I can't put file on this blog so I have had to play it then record on phone then upload, so sorry sound quality poor. I will work out how to change my files into mp3 files and be able to upload better quality.  ;o) Oh how I feel so old with technology at times ;o) 



Comments

Popular Posts