What a week it has been within the parish! 
After having a funeral everyday, today was a celebration of one of the priest birthdays. 
I was aware of the day as we were going out for lunch with the priests, and one of the sisters had to perform her effortless magic creating a masterpiece for the occasion  - Black- forest Cake complete with candles!

On the conclusion of mass Fth. was presented with a cake and the church began to sing. What a wonderful joyous moment, to listen to everyone sing out of a place of joy for Fth, and love, support, embracement. 
I doubt this would happen in the other churches I have been present in, and especially not with so much joy and love. 

For a moment I thought of what riches would come to others around the world if they could have eyes to see into the parish. View the beauty from the outside and embrace it. A group of once strangers now family come together to not only celebrate joyous occasions however to embrace sorrow and challenging times together as one family -  one church. Opening the doors to strangers, offering that shoulder for a person in need, or simply a smile or acknowledgement of their importance as apart of the family.

I wonder where is the church in the world today? What does that word church even mean to people?

What is the answer… (ann - sa, as they say in Oz land) 
Am Im suggesting we be extremely rash and race out and sell our buildings and move into big auditorium in town for everyone to gather in, on the contrary, it would be wonderful to see church meeting in every street. It would be nice to throw off the denominational labels and affiliations however this will still not deal with the root issue in our thinking, which is that God already sees only one church, therefore it is our thinking that needs to change to come into line with what is already a spiritual reality!! 
I was taught that when you change your thinking then your actions will follow … 

Thats all my thoughts on that for now!! A very big question with so much to be uncovered - after all the church is changing which is not only exciting yet brings hope! 


Other highlight this week was going to Earth Song, which I will write and put in next blog posting! A wonderful experience!! 

To my family in the Wanganui region, I hope that your houses are not effected by the floods. I have try to filter through the media posting and know that your just off the river yet I think your in land enough. My prayers with you all, I hope you all are safe, warm and if you had to leave home will return to an undamaged houses. 


Blessing and love to all 


Comments

Popular Posts