Reflective Dance




Sometimes I find myself in a moment of wanting to wrap my hand around time and make it pause, hold the moment by whatever means for just that second longer. 
A moment of been able to tenderly listen to a friend or acquaintance. 

A moment of laughter when you just get that sense that two or more gathered together the Lord is ever so present and ever so gracious. 
That pure intimate moment in prayer where the heart beats to another rhythm

Or a moment just before something changes you…. 

Often though lately I find the desire more when looking beyond the surface, into the depth behind the eyes that are staring directly back with a shimmer of so much that the shell dissolves leaving only truth. 

There are so many references to scripture to make when I reflect on this, however one thing that comes up is Galatians… (6:4-8) talking about the person who plants will harvest… maybe as its a direct play on reflection that my heart continues to seek, finding what I eat becomes me, find what I seek forms my path… 

Recently I have been a little confronted and trying to put more clarity onto the power of what lays beneath a message I still have not fully processed nor gain from. It all started with hearing Galatians (6:4-8) about the person who plants will harvest… 

Don't be misled, I can hear the Lord tenderly guiding me; What a person plants, he will harvest. The person who plants selfishness, ignoring the needs of others - ignoring God - harvests a crop of weeds. All he'll have to show for his life is weeds! But the one who plants in response to God, letting God's Spirit do the growth work in him, harvests a crop of real life, eternal life!

I take this scripture and put into my life in this very moment… what would Jesus say to me right now!! 
May you embrace adventure of exploring of who you are and the work you have been given, and sink yourself into that. Don't be impressed with yourself nor compare yourself to others. Please take responsibility for the creative best that you present to the world. Never for a moment even little an ounce of uncertainty waver in, be sure you who have been trained to a self-sufficient maturity, that you enter into a generous common life with those who have trained and sharing all the good things that you have and experience…. 

Sometimes, just sometimes looking into those eyes
the truth weeps forth leaving me wondering how much is caught… 

Doubt. Fear. Excuses. comfort seeking. Questions. Debate. Wonder. Reflection. 
Often easing that fear that rises within, moments of presenting notion that so many feel the same of not using gifts the Lord has given; feeling like hiding them away and pretending they don't exist simply because the truth is too hard. Too scary. It takes vulnerability. 

Window into the Soul, the eyes are someone once told me when younger. I disagree, holding firm
music is that window to mine; 
you pour your whole self into it with the response been one of two, 
take or leave; equal to love or hate.

If the eyes are the window then what I see at times only makes my heart want more.

A sense of questioning is flipped over seeking to start seeing through the eyes staring back. 
Asking through the heart to be open to the possibility that there is nothing wrong with the picture and never was. 
There is nothing to earn, nothing to prove or disprove, that you can bury that fictitious story that might role in your head or altar the tint of the picture and start living truth. 

LIving truth, in truth, of truth, for truth, just opens up a world of possibilities that you could have never dreamt and would have never achieved out there chasing the carrot of acceptance… Leaving that sense there is no obstacle at times to overcome except for self. Stepping into the real story of who I am, is a divine process. Sure there be days when good is seek rather than hand on silver plate; knowing through on those days, somewhere out there along the path of life when I least expect it…. it will sneak up on me and suddenly I will indeed see myself through the reflective eyes I am looking at… 

They will both dance…. 



Comments

Popular Posts