Walk together

As I awake this morning the sound is unmistakable rattling my windows. As I look through the curtains into the sky, I see a beams of lightening, this random thread that just drops down to earth then disappears again. Its electric, skinny, almost like a nerve of the sky, a vein that surfaces in a moment of anger with the desperate cries of thunder from heaven shaking the sky. Almost time for the rain, with the continuous rolling thunder leaving the sense of conveying a powerful, but nonviolent atmosphere; crackling starts, seeming like its shredding the sky. 
I lay in bed thinking of what the day will bring, leaving me with frustration at the lack of my direction; my lack of awareness of what is beyond the refinement of the walls around me. 

SO I complained to sister, which just left me feeling challenged to address the underlying reason for my borden, not the response I saw coming… Im not certain what she could have said, think even if gave me hundred things I would do them yet still feel a sense of frustration and borden within. ANYHOW, I did make the decision to head to town, with possibility of going to the museum to learn something. 
Instead though, I went to a match…. 

WALK TOGETHER
In city centers all over Australia, a celebration of diversity happened by raising the awareness of equality and dignity of all people, no matter who they are, where or how they arrived here. Australians are welcoming, generous and compassionate people - this is the invitation, to acknowledge the equality and dignity of all people. 

We started at the state library then walked down to Federation Square, there was about five hundred people who gathered together in the rain, all different nationalities, different ages, genders. All with the same message, that we are united together by location, we are united together to be beacons of hope. 
Coming together to give a picture to the leaders and media of Australia that this is possible - to have a nation known for compassion, generosity and welcoming spirit. 

I have to admit, arriving on the steps of the state library I was included in the celebrations straight away, with given a hat (not that it was sunny, yet it was a physical inclusion means) followed by been given a banner, a few handouts to give to others, and receiving a few myself. Unity can not be questioned, it was everywhere which created a wonderful environment and left a feeling for me to be present is a privilege to be apart of this wonderful gathering. 
- if only it was like this all the time, there no fear, no prejudice gather compassion and welcoming - 

There were talked at the Federation Square, a national and greens party representative. Plus a refugee, and also a wonderfully talented 'spoken word poetry' speaker who is name - Sukhjit kaur Khalsa 
I will attach here - i missed the recording of first two seconds, where she just said Gidday Mate, welcome and hello in a few languages. 






Comments

Popular Posts