See you soon - new season



Over the past few days goodbyes or rather see you agains have been a littler too many. On the morning my niece awoke to the day she was returning back to New Zealand, she hopped into her mama’s bed and declared she woke with a broken heart! How these words settle with me at this moment. 

Reflecting as I sat in the airport watching a flow of people past through, rushing to their gates, luggage in toe and sometimes a look of sadness in leaving their loved ones on the ‘other side’. I realised that so often in life I rush through goodbyes as I transition into new season. When once the sight of the airport would symbolise new adventure, new beginnings, I have now come to know that it is rather building upon the story that is been written. Its a port to embrace one season and link to another. 

 I tend to say “See you soon!” Even if I don’t know when (or if) I’ll see you again. It’s gentle. Unassuming. And it allows me to postpone emotion indefinitely, which is the gift that keeps on giving. 

However, as an adult, I have come to realise that there is something beautiful about the closing of one chapter, and it doesn’t have to mean that I fall apart and cry and try to act like it’s not happening. I mean, I still do all of those things. But underneath it all I recognise that part of saying “goodbye’ is actually an opportunity to formally say ‘thank you’. And lets be honest, that is much prettier than ‘goodbye,’ so let’s go with that. 

I have safely arrived on the shores of Vietnam with the heatwave as I step off the plane. Gathering my items, passing through a familiar process that I have done a number of times before, a moment occurred of surreal ness. Less than 24 hours ago I was in bed with my niece having sing song, showering her with hugs and kisses with great expression of joy and love. Now I stand on the line awaiting for entrance into the new season. A season unknown, while at the same time a season so full of adventure. 

Sometimes I love how the Lord works, with my timing of leaving Melbourne one of peace and certainty. Life is full of adventures, if only we embrace the moment, embrace the season we are walking and when that season comes to an end give thanks, rejoice and let go to embrace the new. 
So here goes… a new season with more blog post to come in the coming months. 
Let the light shine bright and sparkle all around me. 



Firstly now though, catch up on sleep and reunite my soul with the Lord in prayer, community, connections and stillness. Blessings. 

Comments

Popular Posts