One worm at a time




For the past couple of days I have treasured my time with the Lord while running. Its a moment of been one with nature, listening to my own breath as I give over all the worries, people suffering that I hear, meet or see, and just generally give my thoughts to the Lord; leaving me with the sense of been filled up with more Holy Spirit with every step I take. I hold on to this experience at the moment, as its like the whisper voice fills my heart to open the blossoming bloom. 

This morning I went on a long run, as normally I just go to the lake near our house which is about an hour run. If I head up the hill to the forest, this is about a three hour walk/run. I started my adventure been lost in my head. As I started to let myself just be, I noticed worms on the paving path that I started to curve around them. There were so many, most had dried up on the concrete, birds scooped down to pick some of the weak ones, others crushed with people walking or cycling over them. Some were barely hanging onto life while others seemed very fresh, energetic and happy to begin their journey to death. As soon as the sun hits the pavement, it must be near instant fry situation for the poor little worms. 

As I continue along the path I picked up some using sticks and put them back in the grass under a daisy or long grass for protection. I thought about how these worms are perfect representation of people of this world. Those worms are on the wrong path, the road for whatever reason are attracted to, or have started to journey will lead to death. I recall the verse 'Narrow is the road that leads to life, and few there are find it"(Matt 7:14) There is a narrow road, but we must find it.

I thought of the few worms that I was able to carefully pick up and pull to safety so they can continue to play in the dirt and travel another route. I am no different from these worms… out of all the people in this world, I am in awe that Jesus picked me up and placed me in His Kingdom, Thank you Lord I am forever grateful and forever yours. What did I do to deserve such a great salvation? Absolutely nothing! A gentle reminder that salvation is only found at the cross! 

For all the worms out there, and also to all the lost people, the rest of my run was lost in thought of longing to pick them up and save them before the heat of darkness took the gift of life away from them …. one worm at a time!!





Comments

Popular Posts