Hats off, drum roll please n Daydreaming




This morning I headed to the forest to go for a long much needed run. While there I had a brain wave, one of many, yet I returned home with excitement in the air to find out what the happenings at Manuka Oval in Canberra were. 
Hats off, crowd goes wild, drum roll please for my man Guptill!! 
What an amazing opening pair Latham and Guptill. To think that their combining effort shined through as only the third ever 100 run opening wicket in the Prime Minister XI matches!! Oh my boys you do us proud!  Guptill falling short of six runs for a three figure left me with a small tear, yet thats alright my man is strong he will come back fighting bolder than before, so watch out 'lil green' team…. Stand in skipper Southee made the right decision with this pair that is without saying. I was a little sad to learn that Southee and Boult crippled the home sides response when they failed to recover from the early wickets yet its alright boys, keep going…. two day test match after all, lots of hope still that we can break this long standing run of not winning at the Prime Minister XI. 

The sunshine is out and everyone is in down mode which is nice to be honest. We all attended Wellsprings dinner last night and sister was part of the choir. Wellsprings is a center that help women, main refugees. It was formed by a presentation sister twenty one years ago as a place women could come for a few hours on a Friday to meet, to eliminate any feelings of isolation or loneliness. I will have to write a blog about it once I go there, one day soon ;o) Regardless its an amazing place that gives so much to the community, if only the government acknowledged this in their funding to ensure the demands are meet without that element of uncertain that at times lays in the air. Yet the Lord will provide, I am certain of this therefore they continue to do the amazing work that Jesus taught us all to do - love one another - 


I also have had time to daydream …. 
While I was trying to find words to write an email to explain what feels like justification of my love for God (Im been a little dramatic here!!) Nonetheless, I realized that the desire to love God, the desire for perfect union means nothing at all and is without any value either for me or possibly even in the sight of God unless it is inspired and guided by His grace plus conforms with God's will. 

Leaving me to ask the question is all desires for union with God not inspired by grace….. I guess not!! The 'evil spirit' desires to posses God, there is a natural desire for heaven, for the fruit of God that is present in us these are not inspired by grace.
I recently learnt that we are all naturally contemplative, yet its our environment, culture that has created us to be given the appearance of the opposite. Therefore its a natural desire which may never get to be explicit in most people yet its there, exists!
Therefore this leads me to believe that our desire for God must come from God and be guided by His will before it actually means anything!

Im big on - actions speak louder than words - In my day dreaming I have concluded its not enough put into action through a common response which might be to to rush into church with a desire for contemplation, or do a lot of 'good works' or act with desire for sanctity - however you would do this!! 
Its more than this!!! It has to be, I know it is so…. For me, prayer together with faith in His presence with the desire to know His will and to abandon oneself entirely to all His dispositions and intentions for me….. This is fundamental, without this the desire would only lead to beat your head against a brick wall….. 




Comments

Popular Posts