The devil makes use of idle hands

Today I am missing have the courage to question 'small' details about things with others around me. 
In the past months those who I lived with or spent lot of time questioning things together, gave me this amazing sense of acceptance to ask questions about every aspect of things, explaining things in detail allowing me to gain a new perspective on things - even if at times I disagreed with their reasoning. 
I have not yet fully got my feet on the ground just yet …. and courage is there just waiting for me to grip to question away I know! ….   I have only been here a few days and these past few days I have spent resting my Holy Temple as my cold has not shaken off too easily. I am thankful for wisdom from a friend who said that when her daughter + husband feels cold symptoms they boost their bodies with Vitamin C. This I have done and think it has actually seriously helping which is great as 'Karen' and 'sick' are not normally two words in the same sentence!!

The other day I heard someone say that there's danger in being idle, for the devil finds mischief for idle hands to do - or devil makes use of idle hands - something like this. It was acknowledged that it was highly likely I would not have heard this before,(and right they were) however there was not time to get it explained to me. As I recalled the comment over the past few days thinking what it means, today I realized that I just need to look in front of me to see the meaning…

I have just been for a long walk as a substitute for a run as still not back to my pre-cold self just yet - and as I took a few odd turns ended up on the main road and cut through the plaza to the walkway beside the motorway which I knew my way home… while I was looking around at my surroundings something became very overwhelming, all around is busyness. People rushing, going from point A to B, talking on the phone, looking at lists, looking busy, mind racing and can see that they are miles from this moment. 
So I have concluded that busyness is possibly the antidote to idleness!! we should be aware that there's a sting in the tail of busyness though which I saw today. (Plus like all my wise people I have around me say 'balance'!!)

The Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are so upset over all these details! There is really only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it—and I won’t take it away from her.” - Luke 10:41-42

I know that scripture teaches us this clearly through Mary and Martha - Martha is the patron saint of all those too busy to care or nourish their own souls. Please do not misunderstand me, daily tasks are necessary, important, helpful but sometimes can ultimately become destructive as they expend physical and emotional energy, they neglect the infusion of spiritual power. 

I guess what Im saying is busyness leads to barrenness, keeps us away from being nourished by the Lords word - having that beautiful connection with the Lord as conversation flows between two good friends who listen and respond to each other and are encouraged by the encounters. 

Therefore the saying that the devil makes use of idle hands is true and means just this -The cure for idleness is busyness, however we have to beware that busyness can lead to barrenness that in essences ignores the secret of blessedness!!


What a saying!!! The context it was used I wish to send a message to my friend to say that your busyness is one of serving our brothers and sisters and not one of self serving or barrenness, you already have the secret of blessedness which made my reflecting and understanding this saying so much easier without having to put the question to anyone ;o) Thank you for teaching me another saying!!!




Comments

Popular Posts