As the journey continues sometimes I wonder if it would be easier or more comforting to have a map and directions.  Yet I am gently reminded - "I'll take the hand of those who don't know the way, who can't see where they're going; sticking with them, not leaving them for a minute" (Isaiah 42:16) 
It brings a lot more peace to mind and heart to know that the Lord doesn't want to tell me how to get there rather take my hand and stick with me every minute, journeying together and as some friends taught me it is not about the destination rather the journey.

Time is going fast, hard to believe I will be with the sisters in three weeks; easy to think there is much to do however reality is there is not a lot to do just well wishes to people which in itself is a large task. Never have I said goodbyes to people normally just pack and leave on adventure, letting one or two people know where Im heading… how times have changed …. 

I guess the Isaiah verse is a reminder that I'd rather know the one I travel with opposed to how I get there, or where to travel. After all traveling with loved one is more beautiful and comforting than traveling alone. I can not begin to think what my life / world would be without Christ … I guess I have been there when I was young yet my memory seems to recall that I always knew there was a God. I use to read religious books at the library when my parents would not know to open my view of the world, always so eager to know what happens behind the four walls of church buildings…


So the journey is continuing, its not easy at times yet sometimes the hard journey with the Lord at my side is more interesting and rewarding than the destination. 

Comments

Popular Posts