A while ago when gardening with a friend I asked them a question out of seeking reassurance and ensuring it was not one of those occasions that I learnt from a textbook and not reality; which I do have a few of these moments …

The question was - 
When we get to the Kingdom, we see our loved ones who have gone before us and be reunited with them. I asked, that as my family are not religious and don't believe in heaven, if she will make sure I get to see them there.

As wisdom follows freely from my friend they didn't even hesitate in their reply saying that the Kingdom is full of family and of course I will get to see them there. 
I remember the certainty of their reply like she didn't have to think about it at all. At that moment I knew the Lord would never leave me without family. 
And he has given me more family than I could imagine. 

This week is my last week before I continue my journey to my 'new family'. I am very much excited yet at the same time have a sense of sadness that I will be leaving my loved ones. 
The overwhelming thing about saying farewells and thanks is that we have no idea what impact we make on others. I have no idea what I think is just helping or doing what anyone else would do, has so much of an impact  and to be thanked for this is so touching. 

Its a little sad that we wait till these times of farewell or even at funerals - celebration of life - that we express this insight to others, makes me think we should be doing this everyday. 

Comments

Popular Posts