Arrived Safely

Have arrived safely to my new home after somewhat a short flight, the song playing  "it feels like home" as I disembarked. How suitable was that… then after getting out of the airport a youth was listening to his music on his phone while awaiting for the bus and it was the New Zealand song 'welcome home' all so fitting and sums things up perfectly.  

Celebrations went well today even with my cold that I have sadly obtained; most likely from pure tiredness. While my head is a little foggy my heart is at home and longing to get into things. Pentecost mass was beautiful with the gently encouragement for us not to look at symbols, or what is to be believed as the actions of the holy spirit - talking in tongues, fire etc; to look beyond all these and focus on the spirit opening the heart and been present in every moment. 

The other night was our last novena at home, which pentecost was the theme and as I came to the conclusion then, i still hold strong that the celebration is so fitting for the next chapter of my journey… 
Taken from the novena reflection -

The story of Pentecost is not the fire, the speaking in different languages or the sound of wind from heaven. The story of Pentecost is the marvelous power God gives to his Word to change hearts and minds. It is the transfer of power–from Christ walking this earth as he preached the Gospel to sending the Holy Spirit to his disciples to empower them to do the same. The story of Pentecost is the fulfillment of a promise Christ made when he said, “Go and make disciples…and surely I will be with you always.”

I have had lunch with the parish priests who were very entertaining. Covering a very while range of subjects yet sadly not sport. I am eager to find out how Guptill is going, will use some of my rest time to research and catch up on the news ;o) 
A lady at church this morning was very sweet, after welcoming me with delight her first question was what AFL team do you support? I knew instantly that all those long 'penance' hours (haha) learning about different sports were an amazing gift that will enable me to connect with others. So it looks like Stormers are the lead running for my support currently - sorry to geelong team don't like to experience bad sportsmanship by others when watching the game with the endless 'Boo" that you get. 


I have kindly been given a couple of days to get my head rested before getting into 'the swing' of life here. I am looking forward to embracing the unknown and seeing how things unfold. I have very wise words etched in my mind and heart to "let go, be myself, trust, disciple, love, cross" The Lord is almighty and wonderful and what strong words to take away from my long weekend. 



Comments

Popular Posts