World as a playground of inspiration




I have been meaning to take Sr ipad and take some photos to get on the blog, photos of things that lately just make life exciting…. this will be my next blog post. 

It seems there is a quietness about for a moment so thought I would write a blog post. I can hear the sisters catching up with the return of Joan leaving the house has a wonderful playful energy about it. 

Returning from a bike ride - bike will be in the next blog, a kind lady at church as getting rid of a bike in her shed and thought of me, so now I have two wheels, big hills and wind that blows me around the neighbourhood. Oh to be young - 
While flying around the neighbourhood I found myself thinking… I truely believe that the Lord created the world as a playground of inspiration to us. And the beauty we find in it is unique to each person here, like an individual poem or song He has written to you and to me, and He’s hidden the words and the stanzas and the melodies and the verses, in the nooks and crannies of the world sending us free to find those things that speak to us uniquely. His very word, spoken to you, spoken to me, is lurking around us. 

What if ….
you wake up some day, and you super old … like 80(hehe)…. 
and you felt so strung out on perfectionism, conformity 
that you forgot to have adventure, creative life????


Over the past week I have been blessed to notice, actually notice, the world around me in moments. Its like I walk around with a thanksgiving prayer, seeing acknowledging the beauty before me, in small things. When I was on the bus the other day I saw children rolling down a grass hill in the peace park. I smiled to myself recalling the days when I did the same with my friends, with someone screaming at us when arrived home with grass stained clothes - oh those summer days.

It reminds me just how much I love seasons! I like the change of weather and beauty each season brings in its own right. But there is something so magical about spring as the trees seem taller, richer, their leafs branch out like umbrellas of beauty offering the invitation to peek up through them to the blue sky. The flowers bud reminding me of the promises of new life coming. Then they burst forth in bloom. My soul stops in wonder at the beauty, colour and delicate intricacy each flower holds. It reminds me of the great masterpieces that we are are, gifted from a Creator that beauty is His only language. 

In moments though, sometimes I sit … I have a “sensitive heart” that often can sense others pain without words, just through this invisible thread that for whatever reason I can feel. Its a blessings and at times can becomes heavy. In these moments is when I seek from the gifts around me, like wisdom of loved ones or mass. That mass celebration of Jesus own loving death and resurrection, in which Jesus gives of his body and blood to humanity. Jesus sacrifice of love on the Cross and made present in the Eucharist. I have to remind myself this at times, as I feel the lack of words presented at mass leaves this gap for searching of pureness to feed the soul. Yet Im blessed with wisdom around me that I seems to sweep into our hearts at exactly the right moment… 

My thoughts drifted while I was biking to people around me that seem to have heavy loads. I wondered what wisdom and inspiration they receive and keep them going. Sometimes in order to appreciate ourselves, sometimes we need to learn to appreciate others by breathing them in. And maybe that is the inspiration we have been gasping for all along. Searching for inspiration like you are searching for your next breath is about noticting, about being awake and about practicing gratitude. 

“You are going to be a thousand different women in your lifetime; 
there is no need to worry about what you aren’t right now. 
Soon enough you will be more than you ever imagined. 
Just focus on breathing deeply and being inspired.”

I love this sentence, its wisdom reminds me of Genesis. There is a poem about God beginning the world, and it paints a picture of a God who breathes all of existence into being. I like to believe this God can also breathe new life into situations, events and people that appear to be, at some level, dead. And so all of us, humble bags of bone and skin, have been inspired by the divine, infinite, eternal, creative force of the universe who has breathed into us and everyone around us. This means we are surrounded by inspiration if we choose to experience it. 


I think about how the world is breathing over me, anticipating regular moments of inspiration if I only pause to inhale. I am choosing to breathe in and instead of worrying about what I am no, I am focusing on breathing deeply and being inspired. There is a rich beauty in this, a deep soul gift that lets the inner self just bubble out... what a creator we have... 







Comments

Popular Posts