Measurement of start and end

I am not the biggest follower of new years to be truthful. It feels a little like a man-made celebration to signify what… a forcing closure of a chapter and the beginning of a new based on seeds, or just struggle of the rough space left. I feel I am more “in with the season’s” kind of girl. While I am highly aware of the seasons that the Lord calls me to are under very different measurement than that of nature, calendar or any other measurement. 

While I feel that this year the concept of new year brings Hope, which I am all for embracing. I sense though that possibly over emphasis on with heavy expectations are going to crash just as hard as the reality that a vaccine will not instantly solve covid spreading. 

 

The other day I was present at a zoom meeting speaking of our learnings over the year. It’s interesting how others reflect and express. I recall at the start of covid with all the fear, anxiety, restrictions implemented creating a lockdown with living beside uncertainty, with great disruption, was too much for a lot of people to process. In truth I live in a place where often the anxiety around covid reaches an unhealthy level. I have to remind myself that it is not my anxiety, that expression is important to help ease the anxiety within others yet ultimately nothing said or done will ease the situation. It’s a hard way to live, I have struggled at times and still do. Words and actions do not align, feelings of navigating around cracking glass some days brings to me dream forward. 

 

Guiding me to the stage I find myself in…

I have been on break from study, okay not really break yet it has not been my solo focus of the days. During this time, achieved rate all the things I set for myself is possibly not too high, although… I have started to dwell on this concept of minimalism. It is not really too much about the letting go of material items. Anyone who knows me knows that I do not own a lot. Books are my weakness, yet technology in some ways has enable access at my finger-tips. It is rather this merging of living from a place of intent, meaningful empowerment that aligns the unconscious and conscious together. I am still in that seeking stage of research learning at a fast pace what this movement is all about. I find that while the movement started back in 2016 in response to globalisation and realising fulfillment on demand that is unsustainable raising 101 questions this is still at this stage today. As a society on some level, we have not progressed too much. 

 

There is something about this concept that is inviting. I cannot put my finger on it yet… however will keep you posted. 

 

For now, I hope that you all are embracing the days while possibly counting down for a new beginning or possibly not counting at all. It is with hope that whatever measurement you use to celebrate and give significance to the ending or beginning is done with great joy and offered in thanks.  

Comments

Popular Posts