The development of wholeness

I have this wonderful memory that was formed many years ago when I was first discerning religious life. I can remember sitting across from my friend in a cafe having a conversation about many things. Then the question came of 'home', her wisdom was profound for me, something I have always carried as it makes perfect sense, it is reality. 

Home is within, not in physical places, rather inner. 

Now, this is a little like scripture in some ways, it is taking shape and deepening the meaning as the journey continues. 
Recently I was reading Daniel O’Leary book Dancing to My Death. Amazing book if you can get your hands or fingers on a copy - highly recommend - Within this book, the image of God is love is so strong. It’s not as simple as oh yes we can see God in loving actions. No, its so interwoven and larger than life itself.

Yesterday Sister sent me a you tube conversation clip that picked up on this image. Talk with Brene Brown about her book “Brave the Wilderness”. The first thing was a quote 

“You only are free when you realise you belong no place - you belong every place - no place at all. 
The price is high. 
The reward is great”
MAYA ANGELOU

While for Brene has created a lot of processing required taken her scientific mind, saying that in the absents of belonging and love is suffering. This quote belonging everywhere and no where setting us free one can be troubled by it. 
Her getting to that point which my dear friend taught me many years ago. True belonging is a spiritual practice. As Brene puts it that it’s about the ability to find sacredness in both being a part of something but also the courage to stand alone. 

While I have not fully gone deep down in my processing of this heart lifting invitation, as I feel so much more reflection - true heart quiet reflection - needs to be done. Yet there is a seed that is growing within me, this delightful connection with the Lord to practice faith, sacredness in also been apart yet apart. 
Taking things from concept into living form and what this means to me as an individual, in my expression, reactions, understanding. 

So I am going to leave this post randomly here… I just wanted to share this delight that is occurring in my life…. I hope that you have these experiences, they are only of the Creator which makes them just that more sacred. 




Comments

Popular Posts