Nature gifting a sense of home

Morning Sunrise, more pink today


Another day here on retreat, the focus today was on the Crosses that we carry. 
In the morning there was an invitation to spend time in the garden once again reflecting on the question “how to do I come to terms with my darker feelings?”

I spent a while in the garden, just sitting, been still. I am restless and half in retreat while another part of me ensuring that all the things are organised, offering help and just been present to the girls. All of these things taking energy. 

I have to admit though, this morning the Irish song “ The deer’s Cry” was played and it was in this hearing of the familiar tune, that I was reminded of this deeper awareness that at this time of challenges, time of trying to find words to express without causing conflict or hurt, that the Lord is present, He is with me. 
A sort of comfort really, which I know was not the intended focus of the day, yet it was for me so very important at this stage of the journey when witness, questions, challenges, acceptance, limitations are all very much crossing paths for me. 

I know the girls also have had a rich day, spending time just dwelling on their own Crosses. Their own struggles that are important to acknowledge. 
This afternoon we had a quiet ‘secret’ afternoon tea party where we gathered and shared in snacks together. The food is VERY Vietnamese, meaning every meal is cooked, hot dish, and 99% of the time is fish or seafood. My rabbit diet is a little tame on the leaf and odd vegetable. I can not complain though, as in Australia I had feast after feast, so its rather nice to simply embrace the pure vegetables that are before me. Eating mindfully and awareness of the smell, texture, taste.

Tonight we are going to relax watch the ‘blood’ moon for a while before retiring. 

For now, I will leave you with some images of the garden. There is still no grass, which I think I miss a lot, the feeling of walking on it. The sense that its natural untouched nature that we walk upon not man made covering over the soil in the form of concrete. 
A girl can’t have everything - hehe. 













This is the buildings in day light 
Chapel 
The rooms, with a conference room like space below
and a chapel above. 

Comments

Popular Posts