lent


Its hard to believe we are into lent. It feels so surreal. I remember on Ash Wednesday we were in the mix of packing up the house and sorting things for the shift. Now well into lent I find myself indoors, mass on a computer screen and far from familiarity. 

There is beauty in this though, letting go on so many levels as we are called to live in uncertainty, to embrace it even. On some level I know this will be an intimate lent season that is upon me, could sense this right from the start of the year. On another, I feel a little sad like I have been cheated yet again. Advent came and went with little mention, little feeling that it was the birth of Jesus with wonder where the joy, the sharing of the gift we are given. The wider community was not present and rather a distance if anything.

Then I find myself now, in a situation like the whole world of screen connects and social distancing is now normal vocab. I was in a meeting the other day, question put forward are we all over reacting a little. Then another mention the blame game placing it on the wealthy with others calling for more awareness of our accountability and actions on society. 

For me, I am in unfamiliar ground anyway, while for the first time the distance between the land I stand and that I am feels great. I am aware of the life journey I am on. The awareness the Lord is working through all this. While I feel a little like a spectator on the best of days, I eagerly await for this to be lifted so I can start building connections and bonds. All in the Lords time… 

For now, personal reflections, prayer and just silent time renews the soul. 
I would like to highlight a booklet that Brigid made, its well written and I helped with the illustrations. Its perfect timing for lent – stations of the cross – 
I have made it so free on amazon, not yet worked out to have it free all the time, if miss send message and I’ll flick through copy. While the world focus all its energy on the virus, its hard not to be conscious that there are many still sick, homeless, struggling just as before the virus disrupted our daily lives. This reflection is that of children… spend time with it, let the words sit with you. 





Comments

Popular Posts