Start of a change....



Over the past few days I have had to make a tough decision... like we all confront in times of our lives, I'm sure, Its hard to put aside myself for a moment to centre my inner self, centre my true self. While I can feel the twist and pulls with the notion of nothing working out for profession and trying my very best not to read signs in this, to the simple fact I am confronted with a 'yes' 'no' situation. I carry the fact I have known myself my whole life? Right? Does it make me the best judge of my character? My abilities? My limitations? My potential?


I can not help come back to 

Isaiah 43 : 18-19

“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!”

What if the Lord whispered this over me, It builds upon how he told me not to be afraid and has called me by name. 
Its a challenge to consider that perhaps i don’t actually know where my boundaries of limitation and potential lie. I believe the Lord can do something brand new in my life that is completely fitting with the character he has been growing in me. Something completely new and yet completely me. 

Returning back from retreat, feeling that under tone of empowerment through trust - actual real hand all over trust to the holy spirit, the Lord will be done. Then seeing before me the sunflowers that are starting to smile at me, as I watch their stunning transformation. Planting the seeds, through a spontaneous idea to buy the packet at the shop, then plant them as a certain magic about it. Yet this magic is not that which comes from people dressed up doing a drama show, rather a creative Creator, using water to expand and rich tones to enlighten bring to life. There is a reflection that Im not able to grip yet at the same time can stand there for hours just watching. I can not wait to see all of them in their full glory. 

A new thing is happening in this garden, not seen before, because right now, the timing and conditions are perfect. You see, a long period where the land was held under treaty, self created perception of a land treaty that is and with breaking this mis guided sight was able to let earth and human under the one Creator unite together. With a little water nourishing the plants, seeds; blooms and spread of natures perfume occurs with seed in a way that although not seen before, is perfectly characteristic. It is in this moment for which these plants were made. It is at this moment that this plant is at its peak life-giving potential. Once its pedals peel back and reveal its glory - what a moment to witness, what a moment to embrace, giving thanks for. 

Esther, until her people were threatened with impending genocide, did not realise that she was a woman of such courage and tenacity and respect that she could save the lives of her people.The Lord brought out in Esther potential she didn’t know she had, in perfect timiing, and it became her best defining moment. 

David, a shepherd-boy, the youngest of many brothers, did not realise his strength and leadership capability until, first a bear threatened his flock, and then a giant threatened the army of his country. Again, a defining moment, potential he didn’t know he had, stirred up by the Holy Spirit in perfect circumstances. 


The woman at the well in Samaria, who judged her own character as broken, despised and discarded, found herself restored in Jesus, and with the potential to lead her entire community to the Lord through her testimony. How’s that for unrecognised potential?

Just like the sunflowers, unaware of their fullest potential, with the certain held that the moment of reaching full glory comes when all is aline with Creator and Creation. Its a beautiful thought really. 
Therefore, just like this reflection of the sunflower, I too am live with the Creator and Creation awaiting to unite together to reach a beautiful moment where the Holy Spirit can work through a letting go of the heart. It really is remarkable to live in this way, to entrust all in this way. 

So, the decision is made, the preparations are underway for profession and I hope over the coming days I will be able to add to the blog reasons behind many of the small details that hold a lot of weight to me. I joke that I can write a book on preparing for profession in the 21st century, it is a journey that is for sure, one that brings joy to know in the coming weeks one family is going to be united together, joining in celebration of thanks. Who could not have a joyous heart simply for this fact only..... 


This is the garden coming along shaping into its own. 


Comments

Popular Posts