The day in the Garden




A while without writing so thought I would just tap in for a moment. 

After reading and reflecting on Psalm 148, I spent most of the day in the garden at home. I joke with the sisters saying that I need a treat to own a little section of land on our property as to an outsider everyone seems to have made claim and very precious about their small plot. Yet this is not the case, its all shared, with a few plants more personal than others. 

Potting about in the garden, weeding - or should I say removing plants that have grown in the wrong places, I spent the day bathing in the sun and feeling at one with nature. Perhaps it is because God Himself had His own hand on the plants, designing their intricate unique leaves, textures and colourful flowers. He delights in each detail. This is an incredible thought! 

I have not embraced the garden here in Australia like back in New Zealand. Many times I walk to the front door envisioning so many plants that could have the potential to glam every eye that passes by. Yet I silently dream, silently respect the invisible treaty that is in my mind; when I finally let me fingers connect with the soil, allow myself to dig the direct and fill the wheelbarrow with grass and ‘weeds’ I really feel a sense of supernatural peace come over me, like Im connected back once again. 

While I was merrily humming away enjoying the companionship of the birds, insects and other small creatures I felt like I was creating a little oasis from the world outside in the garden, reminding me of the tender care He puts into His creation. Why do I worry? Why do I let myself stress out about anything? Slowing down the paces of life to spend time in our little garden reminds me He is there and He cares more than I can ever let my human limited imagination understand. 

My day soaking up the Lord beauty through gardening renewed my soul. I spent the day not putting limitation through words or using words to paint a picture, rather just praise the Lord through just been with nature as Psalm 148 is all about. As a New Zealander I do believe that there is a special spirituality that makes nature and self together as one, like I am born from nature. Its inbreed into me, that sense of creation and self as one, making psalm 148 words just dance around me, like common language, as if its a child hearing words from her mother. 
Therefore my writing up has been short, yet I did read this blog post from Luke which is rather touching and I believe is also psalm 148 in full glory, be it if Luke knows or not yet enlightened ;o) 

So here is his blog ;o)




(For those who do not know Luke, he is currently in Adelaide just starting his Noviciate taking on the journey of been a passionist Seminarian. Originally from South Africa, yet raised in Australia Luke is an amazing guy who I was fortunate to study beside last semester and also spend a little time with over in Templeston. Hopefully  one day you all will get to meet him… )

Comments

Popular Posts