Put a song in my heart and answer the cry of my brothers n sisters

Hard to believe another week has come to an end, by the middle of the week I longed for stillness, to pause to get to grips with all that is happening around me. The Lord heard me and gave me this time in a strange way, yet Im thankful none the less. …. 

I watched a documentary not too long ago about the way animals and humans perceive the world. 
This week, this has been on my mind as I try to understand how others view things and also why I perceptive things the way I do. 

Take the catfish, this beautiful creature sees the word through its sense of taste and vibrations through the mud, enabling it to see its way down the muddy water rivers that it lives in. The catfish use of its sensory world is remarkable, its map of the universe is by the chemicals in its world. In a way its easy to perceive objectively; catfish see swamp chemicals in the river, reflective lights off the forest, sounds of animals in underground..all these add to its perception. 

The way we see the world is amazing, so many things can change our images, perception and alter our thinking in a second. 

When I take a basic thing I do every day like prayer… the moment I awake I bless myself for the Lord to watch over me, guide me and let me surrounded to his will, and the moment before I sleep I bless myself in thanks for his protection, love, support and beauty he has shine upon me on this day as I rest in his hands to sleep. 
Praying to God in prayer what every form, which Im sure a lot of you my friends do everyday will be able to relate to me when I say,  I know who He is and what our relationship is. There is a great beauty that in the awareness that my image, God language is different from each one of you, yet we all have the same God. This is mind changing when come to terms with the greatest of it…. We all must know that He is our 'Father', our provider, our deliverer; that we are forgiven so that we can become ambassadors of forgiveness and love to all. We must have an assurance in our hearts that God is faithful to protect us from every evil that is formed against us. 

Which leads me to think that a measure of spiritual growth could also be connected to my perception!! Perspective is understanding something because we see things in a larger frame of reference, develop the ability to perceive how things are interrelated and judge the comparative importance. 

I think that perception protects us from error at times, especially in today's society, when been a Christian needs to be grounded in the truth after all inner freedom is the basic call of a Christian. Pluralism has created a very confused culture, the problem is not that our culture believes nothing but that it believes everything! Making me think that perspective is the antidote.

While in church today I was thinking about Paul … when he was praying he said "forgive us for our sins and give us our daily bread" ….  As my perception of the world is changing my understanding too of things change. I use to think that Paul was saying that when we acknowledge our sins then we will be feed from Christ … then I moved away from this thinking as I know regardless of acknowledging our sins Christ will always feed us, so maybe, I think maybe Paul was saying God its midnight, there is a need here that is much greater than we can handle. Our brothers and sisters have come before us and some of them have been punished, prisoned are silenced and helpless. You Lord have given us an inner prison in a sense, so now we ask you give us strength to make a difference, to come out of this. Keep the flame within us alight, put a song within us and answer the cry of their hearts. 
I'm sure that if you ask me in a couple of years what I believe Paul was asking in prayer by saying 'forgive us for our sins and give us our daily bread" I might reply something different after all my perception would have altered… yet for now, the thought of the Lord keeping my flame alight within me, putting a song within my heart to answer the cry of my brothers and sisters is a powerful and captivating prayer…. 







Comments

Popular Posts