Thirsty



The other day I heard a friend say they were thirsty quote "I am so thirsty" …. I thought what an odd thing to repeat within a short time frame of five minutes and there is a easy solution to the problem given we are blessed to have water on tap. Asking myself if I would ever say this, I realized that for me thirst was not associated to the bodies need for water….

Having been very blessed and fortunate to travel a lot, I have realized that I so often do not share my stories of adventures and discovers as they are so rich, so lively and at times hard to believe I was present. I was listening to a few people talking about places they wish to go at work the other day; while they were talking I thought good choice, or ohhhh I wouldn't go there; if you go there please go to that sweet cafe that smells like heaven on earth … 
There are always sounds, smells, colors that we associate to certain places or things. In a few places I have been to the air is thick, like at the top of Mount Fuji - the heat is present in a thick layer, while its hard for lungs to breath and at the same time so thirsty, just wanting to drink a large glass of water …. like the feeling you get after a run or hike, or eating something so dry you long for water….we all know what it feels like to be thirsty!!….  
I recall a friend saying that by the time your body feels thristy, you're already dehydrated therefore I wonder if our hearts are not far off this, by the time our emotions catch up with our heart/ heads, theres usually already something going on drying us from the inside out ...
Yet we do have rain, the skies open up and rain falls, just like in the desert or in a drought, in the most unlikely of places there is often water. Our hearts are feed in this beautiful and wonderful way that only the Lord can provide which is not just through scripture yet through others, after all Christ is present in all. Jesus talks about how thirsty we all will be, thirsty for hope, for grace, for him and invites us to be refreshed by a kind of water thats waiting for all, living water …. "but whoever drinks the water I give will never thirsty. The water I give will be a spring of water gushing up inside that person, giving eternal life" (John4:14)

Comments

Popular Posts