Story through photos - I'm back!





My blog has sat patiently awaiting for my fingers to dance across the keyboard once again. It has been too long. 

I have return back from Argentina! What a trip… Not only the meeting was interesting, challenging, insightful, not too sure the right word to use, yet the whole experience was something else. There were unexpected gifts along the way in form of companionships, getting to know others, experiencing or rather learning some of the history of the country and its people. 
It remind me of just how the history of the countries people live in are in their DNA, its in the soil and the air they breath. It is apart of them and they carry it. Sometimes its not acknowledged while others its created into a ‘performance’ or unconscious perspectives or opinions. While the great depth of this is yet to be dwelled on it indeed gifted me awareness of how complexed and so interwoven the human is. 

Many photos taken, I will include a few, I should really make a slide show or something for you all. Yes I have made a slide show upload to you tube - so watch here ;o) 

Now, I am back for a few months in community with a long list of things to get done, including the website for the congregation. Focus has been slow to settle myself into the task yet we are away! So yah for this ;o) Creativity I hold yet English gramma I do not! Just something in my brain does not click!! I remember at high school my English teacher, who for some unknown reason, although a great blessing was the same teacher throughout all my school years, told me to drop English as a subject as soon as I could. This I took her advice, although not really helpful to me now I could see where her wisdom was coming from and her awareness of my desire to get into university. Maybe I should do a small online course, highlight English gramma. ;o) hehe. 

There is so much news to tell, yet in a week I am off to travel around this country with Pulane. I can’t wait. I will write about this adventure for sure. It sort of feels like an ending really to the season. This morning in mass I was sitting listening to the homily words jump around the walls like a familiar chorus with no awareness of what was been said. Some days I feel I spend the mornings on my knees while other days I throw my hands up rejoicing at what is all around me. 


The beautiful older lady is still present at daily mass, always trying to catch my eye. I love her, she is a ray of sunshine that just beams. It’s funny, when you read books or novels, or watch movies about ‘human’ form of God, this lady would be that for me. There is just something about her. Recently she has taken a liking to touching my arm saying hello, thank you - I’m sure that is the only English words she knows. In a world I live where human touch is nearly forbidden, the action holds this tenderness and love that passes over from her to me. You can see why it is not hard to see Christ in that moment, in the presence of one beautiful older lady who is simply going about her daily life of sweeping around the church of the rubbish others have left or the wind has blown in from the street. Taking a form of pride and care to ensure all who walk through the gate are welcomed. I will endeavour to get a photo of her. 

For now though, I will leave you with image of the travels in Argentina. Sorry not many words are used to explain the journey, nor touch on the meeting aspect, yet another day for this. 
Peace and love to you all 





Comments

Popular Posts