Responding with move ahead




This psalm never gets old for me. The more I read it, listen to it or sing it, the more revelation the Lord gives me. In every season we go through, He can bring a fresh promise that applies to it because His Word is living and active. 

I sure do need that reminder in the current season. I have written a few blogs that have just not made it to the posting stage. Everywhere I turn there seems to be change around me, one moment you know the familiar next your confronted with a reality that is not so. Leaving a sense of questioning if it is I who have changed, having a domino effect of sorts. In saying this while at moments life can feel unsteady, there is also this richness in the learning to embrace that is most assuredly the work of the Holy Spirit. 

Psalm 23 beautifully lays out a picture of how Jesus shepherds us. 

All that we need and want is found in all Christ is and all He promises to be. He knows what we need better than we do and that won’t ever change. his ways will always be higher. He quiets us with His voice like a good shepherd does. He nourishes our bodies with free pastures and living water. He brings stillness to heavy hearts and weary souls. 

Transformation comes when we simply let Christ do the work, and we take rest in Him. 

Recently I have been discerning about the future, where to from here, what path am I called to walk upon. At moments I have sense my head desires get me caught on a future of somewhat narrow vision, as it often forgets about the Lord. Stripping the layers back, listening with the heart and speaking up like many times I have done before me - “Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord? “ As I listen to hear His call. 
After extending the discernment to my community, congregation and family, I am gifted a way forward that is created by the spirit. 

I am moving communities, for a period of time and then let the working of the spirit guide me from there. While there are practical things to be confronted, there is a sense of peace, joy and excitement that lays ahead. The formation that has been gifted in Australia has given me a foundation like none other and now Im gifted the chance to keep building, pass on and simply journey with more of my Sisters. 

Once again the Lord shepherds me, and I follow.






Comments

Popular Posts