Embracing those moments of been His






Christ has no hands and feet here on this earth! HE HAS US

We are called to serve one another. He has us to do good and bless others. He has us so His compassion and love can flow through us and be visible to those who need it. 

Its a powerful thought if you spend time with these words, well I feel this way. I dearly pray that you have all had those moments, you know the ones, when something happens and you just have to stop and know that it was completely a God thing! 
In the recent few weeks I have had a few of these moments, all connected to loving one another through service. 


This morning while I was out for my morning run trying to bet the sunshine and heat, a feeling of sadness that I have not been writing on my blog for a while. In reality Im behind with all forms of communication, with an invisible list of people to Skype, emails to reply to or create and letters to write. Words are not been formed apart from spoken!!  In truth this season that I find myself in is challenging, a little mix platte if you like. There are moments of joy, love and sharing in excitement, while periods of stillness, reflection, challenges in my thinking, in my witnessing and trying to put things into the bigger picture. Mixed bag as Sister would say, while I like to say its simply life, the beauty of ever changing, ever shaping life. 

Preparations are slowly underway for profession. Ever time I go to do something in preparation I find myself praying that I act out of love and gratitude to the Lord for this celebration. I feel this simple prayer has guided me, allowed me to be open to the spirit to meet many companions who reach out in love to journey in the preparations. 
For example, I am currently sewing my dress with one of the ladies from the parish sewing group. We spent a few hours together yesterday with her teaching me the reasons and ways of dressmaking. 
In the moment there was something so familiar and full of joy, love in sharing what we were doing together. While near the end of our creative time together the connection to spending time with my nana who taught me dressmaking along with many other sewing skills. Its a great gift to share, to be present to and feeds the heart so deep no words can express. 

These moments, these graces uplift me. Encourage me See me. Love me. Right when I need it most. Out of the blue, from someone I have never really connected with, words and actions I needed to hear. She was God’s hands and feet, reaching out in compassion. 

Reminder of the importance of listening to His nudge. Be ready and willing. As we may see a need and act on it or may feel led that someone needs help. Even if it means we have to go out of our comfort zone to do it, placing aside our hesitation and let Him lead us. 

It will look different for each of us. We don’t need to travel great distances or raise millions of dollars to be huge and loud. We may not think about it much because we are busy and worried about our own stuff or we may think someone else will do it. But He needs us. He needs each of us to reach out to help others with big needs and little needs. Matthew 9 reminds us that He needs more workers. 

He needs us to be His hands and feet in this world. 





Comments

Popular Posts